Meet Dr. Hetienne Macedo
Originally from Brazil, Dr. Hetienne Macedo spent the first 15 years of her professional journey managing her own practice in the bustling city of Fortaleza. But in time, she and her husband, seeking to broaden the horizons of their family and provide a unique cultural and linguistic immersion opportunity to their children, decided to uproot their lives and relocate to the United States. Dr. Macedo then pursued a dual DDS/AEGD Residency at the University of Rochester in New York to facilitate her integration into the American dental landscape. For outstanding work on a clinical case report, she was presented with the Gerald N. Graser Award by the Eastman Institute for Oral Health.
Dr. Macedo is fluent in English, Portuguese, and Spanish, which helps her to serve our diverse patient community. She values her relationships with her patients, striving to establish open and transparent communication so that her patients are well-informed and actively involved in their treatment decisions. The most rewarding part of her job is getting to have a positive impact on the lives of her patients, whether in resolving their pain or in boosting their self-confidence through better oral care.
In her free time, Dr. Macedo enjoys spending time with her husband and three boys as well as staying active through gym workouts, yoga, and outdoor running.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Federal University of Ceara, Brazil
- Certificate in Endodontics, University of Fortaleza, Brazil
- Fellowship in Endodontics, São Camilo University, Brazil
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry, University of Rochester, NY
- American Association of Endodontics
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- New York Dental Association