Meet Dr. Ana Scopu
Originally from Serbia, Dr. Ana Scopu moved to the United States with her family in 1990. As a child, she was drawn to art and often found herself deeply immersed in her own drawings and paintings. She also excelled in school, graduating as the salutatorian of her high school class. In 2006, Dr. Scopu combined her artistic talent with her scholastic aptitude in becoming a dentist.
But she didn’t always have an interest in dentistry. In fact, Dr. Scopu struggled with dental fear at a young age due to a childhood memory of seeing another child have teeth extracted at the dentist. When her aunt suggested that she would make a good dentist, she volunteered at her dentist’s office and soon realized that dental treatment didn’t have to be scary. As a result of this experience, Dr. Scopu is able to deeply empathize with and comfort patients dealing with dental anxiety. She focuses on developing trusting relationships with her patients to minimize their fear.
Having received extensive training in orthodontics, Dr. Scopu understands the importance of proper alignment in both healthy oral function and aesthetics. She loves to combine orthodontic and cosmetic treatment to restore optimal function while creating beautiful smiles that truly impact her patients’ lives.
Dr. Scopu is married to her husband, Boban, who shares her love of dentistry as a certified dental technician. She enjoys playing with their son, Stefan, walking on the beach, and listening to personal development vlogs.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), New York University College of Dentistry
- Master of Specialized Orthodontics, International Medical College, Münster University
- Comprehensive Orthodontics program completion, Progressive Orthodontic Seminars
- Advanced Orthodontics program completion, Progressive Orthodontic Seminars
- Invisalign Gold provider
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Dental Association